However, we have all watched friends or family go through fad diets – surprisingly, they’re able to quickly and easily shed pounds in a number of weeks, but (unsurprisingly) they often gain it back (and more!) when the diet grows too boring or the fad fades. That’s why I use a program called FirstLine Therapy (FLT), aptly named to remind us that first and foremost a healthy, nutritious diet is the foundation of weight control. FLT is a 12-week therapeutic lifestyle program based on extensive scientific research demonstrating the impact nutrition, exercise, and stress reduction have on the health of the body.
Your individualized FirstLine Therapy program includes:
- A personalized eating plan with specific guidelines to drop fat and increase lean muscle mass
- Regular physical activity
- Appropriate nutritional supplementation with condition-specific nutrients
- Stress management for hormonal regulation
- Measurement of body composition to ensure the weight is coming off from all the right places
- Protection from future risk of heart disease, diabetes, arthritis and osteoporosis
- Perk: as a naturopathic physician I’ll be educating you along the way on how to create the healthiest body possible!
I’m always on the lookout for obstacles that are impeding weight loss. Often stress is a culprit! When we’re in a stress “fight or flight” state our adrenal glands release the hormone cortisol which increases our blood sugar and, ultimately, the storage of fat around our mid-section. Top that off with the cravings that come with adrenal stress: salt, sugar, fat, and simple carbs – and it’s not looking so hot for those prepping for bikini weather! I do a fair bit of education on stress management techniques and the importance of proper adrenal function in weight loss.
Medical conditions can tamper with our metabolism and motivation to shed the weight. I’ll be able to recognize and treat the following common weight-loss obstructions:
- Chronic pain
- Prescription medication side effects
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)
- Autoimmune disease
- Hormone imbalance
Book in now to begin your journey to sustainable, natural weight loss, improved energy, and greater fulfillment in life!
“Work” is the key word in your question. Losing wehigt requires work, not magic pills. Get rid of the snacks and soda, eat healthy and get some exercise. The best thing you can do is walk or run to the drug store and back without buying anything and you’ll likely have lost at least a pound in the process. Do that every day and you’ll lose more wehigt than if you drove there and bought the magic diet pills (and you’ll feel better and save money on gas and pills!).References :
Pingback: Naturally Thinner | Dr. Sacha Elliott