The main advantage of IV therapy is that it bypasses the absorption required in the digestive tract. Vitamin absorption issues are extremely common and can be caused by diet (i.e. vegetarians may be deficient in certain B vitamins and iron), birth control pill use, antibiotic use, low hydrochloric acid in the stomach, stress, dysbiosis (imbalanced gut flora), digestive disorders (for example, celiac disease, Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis, IBS, etc.), poor supplement quality, and nutrients competing for absorption. Through intravenous injection of vitamins and minerals, higher than normal blood levels can be achieved, allowing for an immediate therapeutic response by correcting deficiencies that may be present.
They are excellent for treating the following:
- Boosting the immune system if you’re currently sick or tend to get more than one cold/illness per year
- Helping provide the necessary nutrients to support the adrenal glands which are chronically taxed when we’re under stress
- Slowing down cellular aging and boosting circulation to help eliminate toxins
- Increasing energy and helping to optimize organ function to speed up metabolism and aid in weight loss
- Conditions that have been studied and shown to improve with IV therapy: asthma, bronchitis, chronic fatigue syndrome, migraines, cardiovascular disease, cancer, depression, and more
For more information, I highly recommend Dr. Alan Gaby’s review on IV Myers.