Taking antioxidants prior to radiation exposure can help protect your cells from the radiation. Check with your doctor before starting this regime if you’re on blood thinning medication or taking chemotherapy drugs.
Take at least three of the following nutrients three times each – approximately 2 hours prior to your scan, 30 minutes before your scan, and 30 minutes after your scan.
- Vitamin D – 1,000 mg per dose
- Vitamin E (mixed tocopherols) – 400 IU per dose
- Glutathione – 250 mg per dose
- N-acetylcysteine – 250 mg per dose
- Alpha-lipoic acid – 100 mg per dose
- Spirulina or blue-green algae – 2,000 mg per dose
- Selenium citrate or picolinate – 100 mcg per dose (or eat two brazil nuts to achieve this level)
In addition, pay attention to eating a healthy diet, exercising regularly, getting enough sleep, staying hydrated and doing things that increase joy in your life.
Adapted from “Five to Thrive; Your Cutting-Edge Cancer Prevention Plan”