If you know me well, you know that I love my deserts! I have a rather large sweet tooth that often needs to be kept in check.
So, I’m sharing with you my favorite (healthy!!) desert. Some of the best things about this recipe are: it’s delicious, easy to make, practically fat-free, and has no added sugar. This desert tastes just like banana sorbet or like a skinny icecream.
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/2 cup milk (I use vanilla rice milk)
- 1/4 cup toasted walnuts (optional)
- 6 pieces dark chocolate (optional)
1. Peel a banana and put it in the freezer to harden. When it’s frozen, place it in a blender with the milk and blend until smooth.
2. Sprinkle walnuts on top. If you like the flavors of chocolate and banana together, an additional option is to melt the chocolate in a double boiler (I use a pot inside a larger pot) and drizzle over top. Excellent for satisfying children’s desert cravings!